Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

So what have I not done lately? Well I most certainly did not break the door knob to our back door this last week. And since I did not break the door knob I did not need to open the window about 10pm to try and beg the dog to come in through the window since the door will not open. I mean she loves to stand on the window ledge and stare at us trying to get back in all the time. So why would she not welcome the idea of coming back in the house through the window?

I certainly am not the kind of mom who says no as soon as my child starts to ask a question before even thinking if I could say yes. I mean that would be a mean mother to do that. I mean kids just want to do fun things and safe things, right? Well except for my 3rd born boy! But of course there are fun things that the others ask to do.

I also did not have to cut the 550 cord off my sons waist this weekend when he tied himself to the playground equipment. He thought he was going to be on some kind of climbing expedition and need to be safety corded for "safety reason" - and while I most certainly did not tell my 2nd son that I was not going to rescue him - I mean that goes beyond mean for saying no all the time. While trying to decided what to do I looked out and saw that he was fine waiting, he was getting comfy up there and just waiting, so I finally did rescue him, but I don't think making him wait was too bad!

(Do you understand why I say no to most requests when you hear about one child tying himself to the playground? I may not be quite so mean now!)

Please keep praying for Kelly and Harper - visit their blog to see details HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... have you tried heading for the car while he's still tied to the equipment. The fact that I thought of that must mean you are a way nicer Mom than me! Very entertaining NMM's, I see so much of my life in yours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...